A Children's Version of Our Covenant
We, the members of the Unitarian Universalist Church, believe that
- all people are important;
- we should be kind and fair;
- we should accept other people and help them to grow;
- we should figure out for ourselves what is true and good;
- we should do what our consciences tell us is right;
- people should have a voice and a vote about things that concern them;
- we should work for peace and freedom everywhere and try to make the world one family;
- we should take care of the earth which gives us life.
In our church we learn from and get our beliefs from many sources:
- our own sense of the wonder of life;
- the Jewish and Christian religions and many other religions from around the world;
- earth-centered religions which celebrate life and teach us to live in harmony with nature;
- knowledge gained by people through science and reason;
- the lives of people who have worked to make the world a better place;
- our thoughts and experiences.
We are glad we can come together to help and support each other in our efforts to grow and live good lives.
- adapted by Rev. Tony Larsen and Ellen Schmidt