Friday Morning Book Group
Meets monthly on the third Friday at 10:30 a.m. All meetings in person in Sheffield Room at Cathedral Village with the exception of January, February, and March (on Zoom). If you are interested in joining this group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
USG Book Group List of Books for 2022-2023 Church Year
September 16th: Kareem Rosser, Crossing the Line, 304 pp.
October 21st: David McCullough, Johnstown Flood, 300 pp.
November 18th: JoJo Moyes, The Giver of Stars, 385 pp.
December 16th: Farah Jasmine Griffin, Read Until You Understand, 271 pp.
January 20th: Penelope Fitzgerald, The Book Shop, 156 pp.
February 17th: Charmaine Wilkerson, Black Cake, 400 pp.
March 17th: Edith Wharton, Mother’s Recompense , 272 pp.
April 21st: Michelle Huneven, Search, 400 pp.
May19th: Geraldine Brooks, Horse, 401 pp.
June 16th: Lorene Cary, Ladysitting, 254 pp.
July 21st: Sylvia Beach, Shakespeare and Company, 230 pp.
September 15th: Anne Tyler, The French Braid, 244 pp.
Crying at H Mart; My Broken Language; Clara and the Sun; My Personal Librarian;
Hamnet; Dearly Beloved
USG Book Group List of Books for 2021-2022 Church year
- October 15, 2021: Thrity Umrigar First Darling of the Morning 294 pp.
- November 19, 2021: Charlotte McConaghy, Migrations 241 pp.
- December 17, 2021: Conrad Richter, The Lady 191 pp.
- January 21, 2022: Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Perfectly Fine, 338 pp.
- February 18, 2022: Allan B Ballard, Breaching Jericho’s Walls, A Twentieth-Century African-American Life 241 pp.
- March 18, 2022: Hope Jarren, Lab Girl, 290 pp.
- April 15, 2022: Juliet Blackwell, The Lost Carousel of Provence, 350 pp.
- May 20, 2022: Francoise Malby-Anthony, Elephant in My Kitchen, 336 pp.
- June 17, 2022: Janet Charles, Paris Library, 358 pp. Jan Young
- September 16, 2022: Kareem Rosser, Crossing the Line, 304 pp.