USG’s CoVid-19 Support
USG has several teams in place to provide support during the current CoVid-19 pandemic. If you have needs, would like to participate, or would like to assist, you can email the contact listed below. Or, you can leave a voicemail on the USG office phone (215) 844-1157 and your voicemail will be forwarded to the person listed. We are here to help you however we can.
Caring@usguu.org Linda Bernstein
USG is an incredibly caring community and the Caring Committee helps us all find ways to be helpful. If you or someone you know is facing increased health or emotional difficulty during this pandemic, please reach out to the Caring Committee for assistance.
CovidConnect@usguu.org Nancy Roecker-Coates
As we continue physical distancing, we can still rely on one another for support. This group will provide a place to connect with others and share our experiences, struggles, and insights as we self-isolate. Please contact us for meeting information.
Families with children at home
CovidFamilies@usguu.org Gale Gibbons
The Children’s and Families team is here to support families and caregivers during this time. Many of you are busy and challenged with parenting, homeschooling and working from home. Please reach out if you have ideas, resources to share with others, and/or if you’d like some support. CSD is working on developing resources for you to access easily from at home.
Food delivery help
firstname.lastname@example.org Carolyn Scott
Need help obtaining deliveries of groceries? We can connect you with …
1) an IN-PERSON SHOPPER,
2) a TECHNICAL SUPPORT VOLUNTEER to help USG community members navigate food delivery systems, such as Shipt or Instacart, so that you can do your own online shopping from home, or
3) an ONLINE SHOPPER for people who do not have devices to do online shopping themselves.
CovidEconomics@usguu.org Lisa Dutton
This group will share economic resources for USG congregants which may include: filing for unemployment; employment resources; community and private resources for food, assistance with bills, etc. We plan to: compile information and post it on the USG website; have discussion via Zoom to identify needs, share ideas and support each other. Contact us via email to share resource information and to get the meeting information; or call the office 215-844-1157 with the message that you wish to speak to Lisa privately.
USG CoVid-19 Support Resources
USG has compiled reference information related to the CoVid-19 pandemic in the following categories:
Community Resource Summaries
Each of these documents covers a range of topics (health, financial, etc.) and some contain links to websites that are updated regularly.
- Resource Summary from POWER 4.2.2020
- PA Resources Senator Casey
- Resources for PA Employees
- Resources Summary from Lower Merion Township
PA Career link is the State led unemployment service https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline.
All PA CareerLink offices are closed to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania. All services are being done online during this pandemic. As of 4/14/202 their website lists open positions at Aldi, Amazon, Giant, Lowes, Tower Health, Walmart and other organizations.
The resources below contain information on the job search process and a position that was posted when this information was compiled.
- Area Career Support Resources
- Hot Jobs 4.1.2020
- Best Websites for 2020 Job Search (from Career Sherpa)
- ONLINE April 2020 (PA Career link workshops in April)
- Unite Here Philly – positions to distribute computers
- Unemployment links for Del, NJ, PA
- Del Covid19 UI-FAQ
- AFCPE CoVid tips
- County Assistance Office diversion payments resource
- Financial Assistance resources Narberth (many resources are available to anyone)
- Free or low-cost Comcast
- Miscellaneous Financial resources:
-Resources from the United Way CoVid19 Community Economic Relief Fund 1-866-211-9966 Provide your zip code to get a list of local agencies to provide assistance (bills, rent, food)
–Information on impact of $2 trillion stimulus on retirement savers
- Health related resources from CDC, WHO, and other sources
- What to do if you are sick with CoVid (Phila and CDC resources)