2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Exploring Elderhood takes on The Elephant in the Room with elephant wrangler Maggie Beaumont
• What scares you about Death and Dying?
• What do you want to know about it ahead of time?
• What do you think you know already, and how do you know it?
• What are some of the questions to ask in a medical crisis, and how to ask them?
• What are some of the spiritual questions to ask?
• What is the Work of advanced age? … of terminal illness? … of End of Life?
• How can we prepare for this inevitable initiation?
Maggie Beaumont, a trained hospice chaplain, could lecture about all this, but most of Elderhood’s regulars probably have a thing or two to say on the topic, so we’re hoping for lots of audience participation. Come with your questions, answers, and friends. Bring sharables to eat and drink.
This program meets on the second Friday of each month at 2PM in the USG Assembly Room (from October through June.) Its purpose is to celebrate the path, with emphasis on the spiritual path, of all who are aging (that’s all of us!) but especially those who consider themselves Elders (or wannabe Elders) and is open USG members, guest and visitors with no minimum age.
Each month a team of Exploring Elderhood members prepare and present a program on a relevant topic and after initial presentation there is generally a time for small group discussions and then a reconvening to share experiences. Each session is also followed by a potluck TGIF with wine and cheese, tea and crumpets and such. At all times our goal is to accentuate the positive and have fun together as we share our journeys into the second act of life! And we do! Find this month’s plan in the Upcoming Events section of the website.
For more information contact Gerry Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit and join our Facebook page, just search Exploring Elderhood @ USG
Unitarian Society of Germantown