General Assembly (GA) 2023
General Assembly (GA) 2023, took place online and in Pittsburgh. It is the annual meeting of the Unitarian Universalist Association. Going forward multiplatform GAs will alternate with online only GAs, The following events are available to everyone.
- Service of the Living Tradition: Toward Our Metamorphosis into Who Knows What (with ASL)
Honor those who have died, recognize those who have completed professional service, and welcome those who have received fellowship, credentialed, certified status in the past year while reflecting on ministry in a time of unprecedented change.
- Synergy Bridging Worship (with ASL)
Bridging—the transition from youthhood to young adulthood—is a ritual of transition and becoming.
- Sunday Worship: Ever Willing: Becoming the People Our World Needs (with ASL)
The pandemic has wrought change and created uncertainty for our congregations and our wider world. Who and what are we becoming, individually and collectively? Our GA Sunday service explores these themes as we gather in community to celebrate the best of who we UUs are.
- Business at General Assembly 2023
- General Session I (with ASL)
Adoption of the Rules of Procedure, Reports, Awards, and Introductions
- General Session II (with ASL)
Video: Co-Moderator / Board Report, Presentation of Article II and Discussion of Amendments, President’s Report, Commission on Social Witness Presents Actions of Immediate Witness
- General Session III & Presidential Candidates Forum (with ASL)
Discussion of Amendments to Article II
- General Session IV (with ASL)
Election Results, Discussions of Article II Amendments, Business Resolution: “Complete Divestment from the Fossil Fuel Industry and Subsequent Reparations,” and Actions of Immediate Witness
- General Session V (with ASL)
Marking the End of the Presidency of the Rev. Dr. Susan Frederick-Gray, Award for Distinguished Service to the Cause of UUism, Recognition of All Who Made GA Possible, Installation of Newly Elected Leaders, Invitation to GAs 2024 and 2025
- General Session I (with ASL)
- Video Celebrating Susan’s Presidency (YouTube)
News from GA
- The first woman to head Unitarian Universalists ends term full of historic turns
President Susan Frederick-Gray has led the denomination throughout a pandemic, insurrection, racial reckoning and the fall of Roe v. Wade.
- Unitarian Universalism revisits identity, values at 2023 gathering
Intense discussions at this year’s General Assembly took place as the UUA navigates how to continue implementing its commitment to anti-racism.
- Unitarian Universalists elect first woman of color, openly queer president
A womanist theologian, ethicist and minister, the Rev. Sofía Betancourt previously served as interim co-president of the UUA in 2017.
Registrants Get More
General Assembly 2023 was a multiplatform event, with registration options for in-person and/or online participation. Off-site registrants participated using the GA Mobile App by Whova, which provided program listings, speaker profiles, exhibit guide, and social media connections, and have access to the On-Demand Library through September 15, 2023. Consider participating next year, if you didn’t this year!