Unitarian Society of Germantown
Reports to the Minister
Full-time Professional, 40 hours per week
Please submit resume by May 12th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via US Mail to 6511 Lincoln Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19119.
Summary: In collaboration with and in support to the Senior Minister, manages the financial matters of the congregation. Manages church office providing direction and support to other staff, church leaders, volunteers, renters and contractors on issues related to the business affairs of the church including communications, facilities usage and maintenance, equipment, personnel, membership, insurance, bookkeeping and budgeting, and policies and procedures. Collaborates with minister and programming staff to provide communications and support to church programs and activities. This position requires some evening and occasional weekend work.
Duties include but are not limited to:
General Administrative & Financial
- Manage church office and calendar.
- Manage IT needs.
- Perform payroll and bookkeeping functions.
- Prepare church budget in collaboration with senior leaders and at the direction of the Senior Minister.
- Prepare periodic year-to-date statements.
- Manage church records database and archives.
- Provide reports and requested information as needed.
- Recruit, train and oversee part-time staff and contractors as assigned.
- Ensure that required background checks are performed and create and maintain employment records.
- Manage insurance and pension plan enrollments and payments, and produce payroll.
Communications & Publications
- Manage and coordinate all communications tasks including the Sunday Order of Service, newsletters, video productions and the church website.
- Initiate and collaborate on broader communications and publicity for church programs.
- In coordination with the Buildings & Grounds Committee and others insure that the building remains clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing.
- Coordinate negotiation and management of building liability and workers comp insurance policies (e.g. liability and fire) and file claims as necessary.
Committee and Leadership Participation
- Serve on the Ministry Executive Team (a group that leads church operations), attend regular meetings as required, and provide leadership and support as needed to accomplish required tasks.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings as staff member.
- Attend additional meetings as required.
Qualifications: Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, office management, administration or other applicable discipline. Some experience with non-profit management is preferable. Candidate should possess proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate should be proficient with word processing, accounting and desktop publishing. Experience in office administration, bookkeeping, human resources and electronic document preparation is a plus. An understanding of Unitarian Universalism and commitment to diversity and justice work are desirable.
We are a UUA Fair Compensation congregation, with generous benefits.
Affirmative Action Statement: USG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment and all employees are to be treated on the basis of their qualifications and performance and not based upon their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age (40 and above), sexual orientation, or handicap or disability which does not prevent them from performing the essential components of the applicable position with or without reasonable accommodation.