Do you wish to nurture our congregation’s multicultural future in the face of opposing cultural currents? Do you wish to deepen your understanding of how race and ethnicity play out in our institutions and our daily lives?
Jubilee Anti-Racism Training helps participants understand what is involved in nurturing a multicultural community and working against racism in all of its forms. The workshop requires a weekend commitment; and it is worth every minute of that commitment.
WHEN: Friday, March 27th, 6pm to 10pm; Saturday, March 28th, 9am to 9pm); Sunday, March 29th, 8:30am to 5pm
WHERE: UUCDC (Unitarian Universalist Church of Delaware County- “Media”), 145 W Rose Tree Rd, Media, PA 19063
FEE: $160 per participant (includes cost for trainers, meals and materials). Contributions in support of this work are welcome.
Enrollment is limited to 40 participants, so sign up today!
Register online at https://uua.wufoo.com/forms/zw7m2zy1vifswl/
Jubilee Anti-Racism Training: Learning Together About Systemic Racism
This 2 ½ day workshop is open to members of any congregation in the Joseph Priestley District. Church leaders are especially encouraged to attend.
- To develop a shared analysis of racism and its individual, institutional, and cultural manifestations
- To begin to apply this common understanding to the history, culture, and institutional structure of our congregation, and to envision next steps
The training includes presentations, discussions, videos, exercises, small group work, worship services, and shared meals.
Agenda Topics Include:
- The history of racism and resistance to racism in the Americas
- Defining racism
- The effects of racism on people of color and on white people
- Dismantling racism
- Claiming and shaping an anti-racist identity
- Racism in the UUA
UU Church of Delaware County