12:15 pm - 2:30 pm
Wanted: Atheists, Agnostics, Freethinkers, Non-Religious, Humanists, etc.
The Group’s purpose:
1) Establish and maintain the Freethinker Friendly Designation (think Welcoming Congregation but for Humanists)
- Include language in our published welcome statement that includes atheists, agnostics, humanists, and other non-theists explicitly
- Discuss, as a congregation, ways to be more inclusive and welcoming in our language and rituals
- Provide times and spaces that celebrate the humanist worldview, such as regular humanist services or a humanist local group (LIKE THIS ONE!)
- Reach out to the wider non-theistic community and let them know that we exist and that we want to support them
2) The P.U.S.H. group that will meet regularly to allow freethinkers to meet and discuss issues concerning atheists, agnostics and non-religious,
3) Establish courses for the Adult Spiritual Development program that address freethinkers (i.e. Atheists Throughout History, Raising your child without supernatural belief, etc…)
We meet the 4th Sunday of each month after the worship service.
If you are interested in joining or just helping out contact Paul C. Teti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USG - Daskam Room