PIHN is the Philadelphia Interfaith Hospitality Network, which supports families as they strive to work their way out of homelessness.
USG will feed and house three families this summer from Sunday, August 18 until Sunday, September 1. The families will each have a room in our air-conditioned Sullivan Wing and will eat in our Dining Room and will have use during mornings and evenings of bathrooms, the kitchen and the playground.
How Can You Help? You can …
- be an overnight host….and/or be a chef and dinner host (usually in partnership with another person, either someone you team up with on your own or someone we help identify).
What does hosting entail?
- a chef and dinner host, usually in partnership with another person, supplies a meal (cooked at home or at USG) and company from 6:00-8:30pm.
- an overnight host brings pjs and sheets to provide secure, kindly “chaperoning” and sleeps in Kent’s air-conditioned office from 8:30pm till approx. 7:30am the next day.
Not able to host? You can also help ….
- by August 11…provide money with which we can purchase the always-needed groceries and we can shop for you. Please make the check out to USG, write PIHN in the memo line, and send it to the office, to the attention of Carolyn Scott.
- by August 18…shop for some groceries. (We will provide a list by Aug. 11)
- on August 18……move the families with their belongings in…help with child-care…provide snacks…shop for some groceries
- on September 1…move the families with their belongings out…help with childcare…provide snacks